General talk about game
narol1990
Pheasant
Pheasant
Character Name: Narol

[request] More guides for beginners

Post by narol1990 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:56 pm

Hey guys,

Last time I played conquer was maybe 5 years ago (or more?). I quit as soon as cp shop got introduced. Private server looks very cool and I'm enjoying it so far. Would it be possible for more experienced players to post some more guides here? I already read the guides subforum but there isnt a lot of info.

Some questions that come to mind:
How do i get -5 items?
How do i make meteor/db scrolls?
How do i get meteorite shards? (I know they are for 1st socket, but how to get a second one exactly?)
How do i get cp for exp potion in mall shop?
What is a vip potion and how to get it?
Any tips for leveling up faster?
Tips for getting gold faster?
How do i reborn in this version (get moonbox etc.)?
Are there some bosses worth farming/where are they? (i saw someone getting dragonball form boss)
Is meteor zone still a thing? (i level faster than i find meteors to upgrade)
Are there some good ways to get dragonballs? (dragonball shower in TC doesnt seem to work?)
What are some overall progression tips? (how to get good gear)
All i ever find are meteors and +2 stones, how much are they worth?

I hope you guys can help me, see you in game.

sia
Pheasant
Pheasant
Character Name: Lisianthus

Re: [request] More guides for beginners

Post by sia » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:40 am

narol1990 wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:56 pm
Hey guys,

Last time I played conquer was maybe 5 years ago (or more?). I quit as soon as cp shop got introduced. Private server looks very cool and I'm enjoying it so far. Would it be possible for more experienced players to post some more guides here? I already read the guides subforum but there isnt a lot of info.

Some questions that come to mind:
How do i get -5 items?
How do i make meteor/db scrolls?
How do i get meteorite shards? (I know they are for 1st socket, but how to get a second one exactly?)
How do i get cp for exp potion in mall shop?
What is a vip potion and how to get it?
Any tips for leveling up faster?
Tips for getting gold faster?
How do i reborn in this version (get moonbox etc.)?
Are there some bosses worth farming/where are they? (i saw someone getting dragonball form boss)
Is meteor zone still a thing? (i level faster than i find meteors to upgrade)
Are there some good ways to get dragonballs? (dragonball shower in TC doesnt seem to work?)
What are some overall progression tips? (how to get good gear)
All i ever find are meteors and +2 stones, how much are they worth?

I hope you guys can help me, see you in game.
1. You get Blessed items (those -1, -3, -5, -7% damage you see) from the following:
- Random drops from monsters (-3% or -5% only)
- Choosing Blessed Rebirth, which would bless one random non-blessed item you have equipped with a -1% (if you Rebirth before level 120, you can bless only weapon or boots). Note that you'll lose the ability to get a Super Gem of your choice if you choose Blessed Rebirth.
- Upgrading the Blessed attribute using Super Tortoise Gems, but the item needs to be at least a -1% to begin with

2. You can compose 10 Meteors or 10 DBs into scrolls by either:
- Going to MillionaireLee in Market
- Using ItemPacker (costs 5CP in the Shopping Mall and can be used infinitely)

3. MeteoriteShards drop randomly from monsters. Rather rare drop so don't expect to see it often, especially if you don't have VIP.

You can open up 2nd sockets by spamming Meteors/DBs on upgrades. Note that the upgrade has to be successful for sockets to open, and considering how easy it is to get Meteors on this server, you're better off upgrading gears in Market instead. The chances are extremely slim (I dunno the exact odds on this server) so it's all about luck; I'd say maybe once every 2000~3000 Meteors used.

And since Meteors/DBs are easy to find and relatively cheap here, Normal blessed gears are actually more expensive than Super ones, since they use less Meteors for people trying to open 2nd sockets on them.

4. You can get CPs by exchanging DBs at the CPAdmin in Market. 21CPs per DB. You can also get 10CPs from exchanging some of the random stuff you get from Lotto, like LifeFruitBaskets.

On a side note, don't get the EXP potion from Shopping Mall, they aren't worth it. If you're under level 70, you can get a 5x EXP bonus from the WelcomeNPC in TC, and after level 70, you can get UberEXP potions (also 5x EXP) from killing Titan/Ganoderma (or buying them from other players if you're feeling lazy, they usually cost around 2 to 3 million gold). AFAIK the EXP potion from Shopping Mall gives only double EXP and doesn't stack with the 5x EXP potions (it was simply copied over from original CO).

5. Check this page for more information on the benefits of VIP. Either donate 5 USD or buy one from a player (they usually go for around 100~150 million, but I've seen desperate players offering 200 million gold for one).

6. Check out the spawns in GC1, GC3, and GC4, and use the EXP boosts mentioned in 3. You'll level up really fast on this server.

7. Make an Archer if you don't already have one, level him/her up, and just go farm. You can easily make gold from selling your +1/2/3/4/5 stones, meteors and DBs to other players. Certain -5% equipment like Rings and Necklaces can go for really high prices too.

Also, during xx:30-xx:35 at every hour, all monsters in Wind Plains (even Pheasants) have a high chance of dropping 10000 gold directly in your inventory (i.e. you don't have to pick the gold up). Just jump around scattering and you'll be a few millions richer by the end of it.

If you don't mind spending money, you can always get quick gold by buying VIP potions, HeartJades or ExemptionTokens and selling them. They are always in high demand.

8. Same method as in Classic CO; you'll need to be fully promoted and have a CelestialStone ready. Talk to Eternity in the Market and you can Rebirth. And yes, you need a MoonBox since the Level 110 Promotion requires one.

9. Look here for more information. Other than the ones listed there, there's Titan/Ganoderma for UberEXP potions as mentioned. They spawn at xx:15 and xx:16 every hour. Titan spawns around the SnakeMen area in AC, Ganoderma spawns around the FireRat area in PC.

10. They drop a ton of Meteors when there's rates up, but still not really worth going considering the fact that you can't use a scroll to get out of there so it's bloody troublesome.

11. DB shower works perfectly fine, are you sure you got the timing right? The drop locations are fixed so you'll easily memorise them when you see after a couple of times (8 DBs in total).

DBs have pretty high drop rates compared to original CO, especially if you have VIP and you're an Archer. The Xreward NPC in TC also gives you 1 DB for every 10000 monster kills; after a while of farming using an Archer you can get a pretty nice number of DBs from him.

12. If you don't mind donating, I highly recommend that you get VIP after you level your archer up a decent amount. Then farm, farm and farm. Then try to buy blessed normal gears from players (or if you're really lucky, you may get the one you want while farming), use MeteoriteShards on them. Either that or just farm enough gold to buy ready-made 2-socket gears from other players.

If you're an Archer or Taoist, buy a Stigma Bow or Mana Backsword (the ones you get from Rebirthing to an Archer/Water Taoist) from other players and use DBs on them to make them Elite or Super 2-socket. If you spot me (IGN: Orochi) in-game, you can whisper me and I can get you a Stigma Bow or Mana Backsword for you if you need one.

After you've played for some time, try to make a Trojan and Rebirth him into an Archer so that you get Cyclone. Combined with VIP, you'll farm a lot faster with it than your non-Rebirth Archer.

13. A MeteorScrollBox (pack of 100 Meteors) can usually sell for 8~9 million gold. Keep all your +2 Stones, compose them into +3, then +4 and +5s, and sell those instead. +4 Stones go for around 5~6.5 million each, +5 is well, triple of that.

I just started on this server a couple weeks ago too, great to see more new players.

narol1990
Pheasant
Pheasant
Character Name: Narol

Post by narol1990 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:52 am

Amazing, thank you very much :D

JADE
Pheasant
Pheasant
Character Name: JADE

Post by JADE » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:03 am

Hi sia,

Perhaps you can answer a few questions for me as well. Like narol1990, I haven't played this game in years. I was very heavily into this game prior to all the new stuff that came out, probably around 2005 - 2008'ish. Back when it was the basic classes: archer/trojan/tao/warrior. It was a simple game then.

The other day one of my younger cousins was showing me a game he downloaded on his phone. It was CO. Damn thing brought back tons of memories. Installed the game on my computer and I'm lost... all the fun of the game has been sucked out. I had to search and finally found this server which I'm happily on right now but there's still a few things that have me scratching my head. The main one is meteors. I'm leveling faster than I can upgrade and even though I've found a few of them from drops I haven't been able to find a single person selling them anymore. Market used to be flooded with people selling them. I think when I started way back then on Lyon server I think it was, meteors were selling for just a few thousand and dragon balls were a couple million. Times have changed. Just shortly ago I had been standing in TwinCity and all of a sudden it's raining dragon balls. Managed to snatch a few.

If you ever spot me in the game standing still doing nothing it's probably because I'm trying to figure out what's going on. Feel free to offer some help :)

Thanks