2-Soccing Armor

have an idea ? post it here.
Balfrog
Pheasant
Pheasant
Character Name: Sentinel

2-Soccing Armor

Post by Balfrog » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:02 pm

Can I preface this message with the fact I love this server, the events that take place ect. It's the first one i've ever donated to. But on the back of this.

I'm a new player and when I joined as i've done on every p-server is work out a plan to be viable in GWs/PvP/Events. I spoke to a wide variety of people and most said you need Super 2 soc +5 -3 baseline, some then suggested VIP farming and selling everything (mets dbs ect), some suggested met spamming blessed gear, some suggested making Tao gear and plvling waters for super gems. All sounded nice and I leveled my archer to 120, spent hours in GC3 and amassed a lot of mets and DBs. While doing this I sold a bunch of +4s/+5s, lottery tickets + an anniversary box which meant I managed to buy some super 2 soc boots.

The problem I faced as a new player is, would it be worth met spamming or selling mets and buying gear with the money. I bought my first piece as aforementioned then amassed a few k mets, few hundred dbs and tried met spamming the rest of the sockets. A few k later and no second soc in sight, probably 10+ hours of farming apes gone with nothing to show. I could have sold all the DBs and Mets and probably bought a 2-socket item.

When trying to retain new players this sense of crushing defeat will turn away most, so what is my suggestion?

DragonBall Shards. For every 1k mets you spend at magic artisan you get a DragonBall Shard. If you take ten of these to master artisan he can (similar to the 1st soc) create a 2nd soc in your gear. I dont think anyone would argue that 10k mets is a too small amount for what should be a second soc. It provides new players with a sense that the few hours of farming is worth something. It allows more veteran players with maybe 1-2 DBshards each to pool together and help create a new player a set of 2 soc gear. To avoid abuse you can make it so characters can only earn one DBShard a day etc. These DragonBall shards could be earnt regardless of if you did get a 2soc in your 1k mets or the counter could reset after you get a 2soc so you need to spend 1k more to get a shard. I feel this would incentivise some of the people with a stockpile of mets to actually use them.

Considering this server is now 4 years old, some people on the server are full +9 -7, trying to climb this mountain with it being purely luck based seems to me like a near impossible feat. Even if I had sold all my mets and DBs i'm yet to see a 2 soc ring for sale, bless or no bless. It would just be nice if it felt like you could reliably reach a stage in which you are prosperous on the server without praying heavily to RNG.

Thanks for reading.

Refresh
BladeGhost
BladeGhost
Character Name: Refresh/Chantico/Indica

Re: 2-Soccing Armor

Post by Refresh » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:32 am

Balfrog wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:02 pm
Can I preface this message with the fact I love this server, the events that take place ect. It's the first one i've ever donated to. But on the back of this.

I'm a new player and when I joined as i've done on every p-server is work out a plan to be viable in GWs/PvP/Events. I spoke to a wide variety of people and most said you need Super 2 soc +5 -3 baseline, some then suggested VIP farming and selling everything (mets dbs ect), some suggested met spamming blessed gear, some suggested making Tao gear and plvling waters for super gems. All sounded nice and I leveled my archer to 120, spent hours in GC3 and amassed a lot of mets and DBs. While doing this I sold a bunch of +4s/+5s, lottery tickets + an anniversary box which meant I managed to buy some super 2 soc boots.

The problem I faced as a new player is, would it be worth met spamming or selling mets and buying gear with the money. I bought my first piece as aforementioned then amassed a few k mets, few hundred dbs and tried met spamming the rest of the sockets. A few k later and no second soc in sight, probably 10+ hours of farming apes gone with nothing to show. I could have sold all the DBs and Mets and probably bought a 2-socket item.

When trying to retain new players this sense of crushing defeat will turn away most, so what is my suggestion?

DragonBall Shards. For every 1k mets you spend at magic artisan you get a DragonBall Shard. If you take ten of these to master artisan he can (similar to the 1st soc) create a 2nd soc in your gear. I dont think anyone would argue that 10k mets is a too small amount for what should be a second soc. It provides new players with a sense that the few hours of farming is worth something. It allows more veteran players with maybe 1-2 DBshards each to pool together and help create a new player a set of 2 soc gear. To avoid abuse you can make it so characters can only earn one DBShard a day etc. These DragonBall shards could be earnt regardless of if you did get a 2soc in your 1k mets or the counter could reset after you get a 2soc so you need to spend 1k more to get a shard. I feel this would incentivise some of the people with a stockpile of mets to actually use them.

Considering this server is now 4 years old, some people on the server are full +9 -7, trying to climb this mountain with it being purely luck based seems to me like a near impossible feat. Even if I had sold all my mets and DBs i'm yet to see a 2 soc ring for sale, bless or no bless. It would just be nice if it felt like you could reliably reach a stage in which you are prosperous on the server without praying heavily to RNG.

Thanks for reading.
Hey! Sorry for the late reply, just seeing this now. I've been away dealing with personal family issues, but I did just read it over and here are my thoughts!!

I do really like your idea regarding the "DragonBall Shard", but like you stated above about the older players is true.. with that being true keep in mind most of us Veteran Players have a massive stockpile of meteors and "VPS" which can be gained from plvling & cashed at the NPC named "Shelby" in market. You can buy either Meteor Scrolls or Dragon Balls with the VPS here.. That being said, the meteor scrolls are what? 50,000 VPS.. My archer has around 2mil VPS. Not trying to say that this isn't a good idea, I just think 1000 meteors might be a bit of a low number.. I was thinking around 1500-2000. That's if the boss approves of the idea, it's all in his hands at the end of the day haha. Also, about "RNG" I was told that using a new fresh character helps, as well as spamming after a server reset!! That is just my opinion though, I am all for the new upcoming players. Thank you for taking your time to post xo.

-Jeff/Odin

Active Player Since 2014
Refresh: Water-Warrior-Trojan 135-135-135
Indica: Water-Trojan-Archer 135-135-135
Chantico: Water-Warrior-Fire 135-135-135

Balfrog
Pheasant
Pheasant

Post by Balfrog » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:27 pm

Hi Odin,

No worries for the late response. I thank you for your response and I love the fact you are proving my point with how many VPs/mets you have stacked. There is a reason you aren't using them and that's because Metspamming is boring and unreliable. If you knew 1k or 2k mets would guarantee you something then popping 500 a day would seem like a good use of time. Whereas at the moment all the mets and VP you have farmed is useless/not in the market.

I've spoken to quite a large number of players and a few of the older players are worried that 2 socs will become too easy. First of all if it takes 10k-20k mets for a 2soc, i'd argue this isn't easy for a new player. Second of all you still have to get it +7~ and blessed -7, the market for RB tokens/+ stones/ STGs should all increase as more newer players actually get to work on a main and their 2 soc gear. Also people will be using their amassed mets to make a SMG/SVG 2 soc set for leveling weapons/spells etc. If anything the increased amount of 2 socs might not actually decrease the demand but increase it.

In regards to the new character i've been trying new chars/old chars/blessed chars/heavens blessed chars. Trying different actions at different times of day ect. Every old school CO style "myth" about RNG is rearing it's head haha! I think a lot of the new players i've spoken to feel overwhelmed when they farm for a few days, met spam, get no 2 socs then realise it's gonna be 500kk~ per 2 soc item.

Thank you for taking the time to read/respond though and I hope your IRL issues improve, lets hope the boss can implement something similar or an even better idea that makes the hill for new players a little less steep!

Thanks
Sentinel

Refresh
BladeGhost
BladeGhost
Character Name: Refresh/Chantico/Indica

Post by Refresh » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:04 am

Good morning!!

Hello!! I just finished reading through, and I'd first like to say I hope you slept well or I hope your day is going well, depending on the timezone you're in!!

I do agree with you still though.. it would make it a lot more worth while if you knew a smaller amount of meteors would ensure you a 2 socket, and hell yes I'd be more prone to spam then! Also are you saying that I should spend my VPS and vend the Meteor Scrolls/Dragon Balls for players? Also, in all honestly...about veterans thinking "2 Socks Being Easy" try getting an HP Enchant of 250-255, I PROMISE you that's harder to get then a +9 -7. But I also do agree with what you're saying with the market increasing/decreasing, but how can the market increase if people are still sitting on HUGE amounts of gold & refusing to spend it...? I just don't see the market being fixed unless the gold collectors stop collecting & start spending and putting gold back into the market. But that's also like telling people not to save money. Away from that aspect of it all, I understand the demand for items will go up as new players join but as the market is now, I don't really see how any actual new players can strive.. So adding something like your "Dragon ball Shard" may need to be done just to get over this market crash.. so the new players don't suffer for old players mistakes.

-Jeff

P.S - Thank You for all of your kind words, it means a lot to me. <3

Active Player Since 2014
Refresh: Water-Warrior-Trojan 135-135-135
Indica: Water-Trojan-Archer 135-135-135
Chantico: Water-Warrior-Fire 135-135-135

Balfrog
Pheasant
Pheasant

Post by Balfrog » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:12 pm

Refresh wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:04 am
Good morning!!

Hello!! I just finished reading through, and I'd first like to say I hope you slept well or I hope your day is going well, depending on the timezone you're in!!

I do agree with you still though.. it would make it a lot more worth while if you knew a smaller amount of meteors would ensure you a 2 socket, and hell yes I'd be more prone to spam then! Also are you saying that I should spend my VPS and vend the Meteor Scrolls/Dragon Balls for players? Also, in all honestly...about veterans thinking "2 Socks Being Easy" try getting an HP Enchant of 250-255, I PROMISE you that's harder to get then a +9 -7. But I also do agree with what you're saying with the market increasing/decreasing, but how can the market increase if people are still sitting on HUGE amounts of gold & refusing to spend it...? I just don't see the market being fixed unless the gold collectors stop collecting & start spending and putting gold back into the market. But that's also like telling people not to save money. Away from that aspect of it all, I understand the demand for items will go up as new players join but as the market is now, I don't really see how any actual new players can strive.. So adding something like your "Dragon ball Shard" may need to be done just to get over this market crash.. so the new players don't suffer for old players mistakes.

-Jeff

P.S - Thank You for all of your kind words, it means a lot to me. <3
Thanks for the response again, in regards to your VPs I would say that you would probably be more likely to spend them if you knew it had a definite gain. Met spamming isn't fun but if you knew that spamming 1k would get you a Dragonball Shard or a 2 soc then you would probably be more likely to do it. Even if the boss chooses 5-10-15-20 DB Shards required for a 2 soc that would change the "ease" of getting a 2 soc. I think as you said it comes down to money not being into the market at the moment. The main problem is a lot of new players want to get full 2 soc before doing anything. I've just fallen into this category and now all the money I have is spent on SDGs/STGs/Cele Stones/MBs. Ive bought from more players in the last 3 days then I had in the previous month.

I'm already thinking about getting more 2 soc slots for weapon professions/alt characters/RBing water set. My ability to spend has gone up now I have my full 2 soc items, not down. I've spoken to quite a few people about this idea now and only seemingly getting positive responses. Lets hope the boss can have a read and update us as to what he thinks!

Sincerely,
Balfrog